Senior Raw Materials, Fuels and Commodities Trader
Client of Edison Search
Responsibilities: (Includes but not limited to):
As a trader:
1. Conduct day-to-day physical trading activities, including but not limited to:
1. Close monitoring and tracking of the market,
2. Maximizing the commercial value and profitability of each transaction
3. Execute trades and support the trading/shipping operations
4. Contract Negotiation
5. Take part in the trading and hedging strategies
2. Establish and build strong relationship with all stakeholders
3. Ensure the achievement of mutual agreement between Company with
customers and assist to manage customer relationships.
4. Develop sustainable growth of any commodity trading business
5. Maintain frequent and regular contact with counterparties to ensure timely
contract negotiation and execution
6. Prepare a robust pipeline of possible trading opportunities in India, Middle
East and Africa.
7. Monitor market activities and contractual performance
8. Work with treasury department to develop structured trade finance package
2. As Sales & Business Development:
1. Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets,
growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or
new ways of reaching existing markets
2. Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
3. Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
4. Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
5. Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
6. Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively
with a plan of how to meet these
7. Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives
in order to develop and improve the business
8. Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement
9. Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may
be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
10. Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be
able to advise others about them
11. Ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the
need for change and what is required of them
12. Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
13. Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
14. Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as
15. Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
16. Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
17. Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
18. Help to plan sales campaigns
19. Create a sales pipeline
20. Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
21. Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior
management/the board of directors
1. University degree and a demonstrable experience and knowledge in sales, trading & business development.
2. At least 8 – 12 years of experience in raw materials, fuels and other commodities.
3. Extensive knowledge of industrial markets as utilities, cement and steel industry, and
4. Wide network of existing suppliers and clients in the area and for all the relevant
5. Experience working with major sellers and buyers in markets such as India, Middle
East and Africa and experience in China and Southeast Asia markets will be a plus.
6. Knowledge of a second Asian language will be an advantage.
7. Detailed knowledge of industrial process, shipping and commodities quality basics.
8. A go-getter and self-starter with desire to excel and has an open mindset.
If the above role interests you directly, please send an application through for consideration.