Client of Edison Search
• Provide financial insight and analysis on strategic operational projects, including finance lead/support,
• Support Sales & Development team ensuring cost models are robust and returning required margins
• Understand the business models of the different divisions of the company and develop MIS reporting
structure unique to the respective business.
• Cash flow management – reporting and forecasting
• Management of daily banking operations for trade and non-trade transactions
• Accounts receivable and payable management
• Supporting pricing strategy decision through financial implication analysis
• Support the development of financial systems as a tool to deliver group reporting requirements,
contributing to solutions that promote standardization, simplification and automation where possible
• Processing of sales and purchase transactions – invoices, SOs, POs
• Reconciliations – Bank, AR, AP and balance sheet accounts
• Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with debt covenants
• Credit Control
• Preparation of the monthly financial & management accounts
• Management of monthly accruals including payroll, prepayments, accruals, GRNI and depreciation for
accurate P&L reporting on monthly basis
• Assistance with yearend processes and external audit.
• Monthly VAT submissions
• Month and year end completion and reporting
• To review and develop current processes and systems with a view to ensuring they meet business needs
currently and in future and are appropriately documented.
• Provide drive and direction within the team to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals, to include invoicing
cycles, banking and reconciliations, debtor chasing, purchasing and assisting with Month End processes.
Qualifications & Experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in MIS reporting in a multi divisional group.
• Time management skills and ability to meet non-negotiable deadlines.
• Experience in handling documentary credits and collections and multiple currency cross border trade
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
• At least 5 years’ work experience in a Senior Finance role
• Advanced working knowledge of ERP systems
• Experience in using SAP an added advantage
• Knowledge of IFRS
• CIMA / CA / ACCA / CPA / CMA qualified
• Experience in managing intercompany reconciliations and resolution processes in multiple currencies
• Great attention to detail, problem solving and query resolution skills.
• Ability to ‘think outside the box’
• The ability to build good working relationships with both external and internal suppliers/customers