Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Client of Edison Search
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Ruby on Rails) to work closely with the CTO and the marketing team on continuously improving the applications both in terms of efficiency, as well as look&feel.
As a startup and a small team, we’re looking for someone that’s comfortable doing both front-end and back-end and able to communicate directly with the marketing team and translate requirements from their side into technical solutions and tasks.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized, able to accurately understand, assess and estimate tasks and follow the timelines
- Deep understanding of software architecture, data structures and DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework in particular
- Experience with front-end development, should be extremely fluent in HTML, CSS and JS
- Experience with mobile frameworks like React Native is a plus
Current tech stack At the moment, we have 4 active projects:
- Members website (RoR + HTML/CSS/JS)
- An internal CRM/inventory/tracking system (RoR + HTML/CSS/JS)
- Mobile apps (iOS & Android) (React Native)
- Recommendation engine (Python)
Website handles all communications with the customer, profiles, appointments, etc. while the internal system is there to monitor sales/inventory, track customer’s history, shipments, etc.
On top of that, both have a lot of 3rd party integrations with payment processors, marketing automation tools, as well as feeding a recommendation engine that does a lot of the back-end work for the stylists.
You’ll be in the middle of all of this, overseeing and working mostly on the website and the internal CRM tool, but also in constant communication with the mobile developers and data scientist to implement requirements on your side, like implementing necessary APIs on the website